Sometimes you just have to recharge.
It’s not that I don’t want to be with friends and chill. I love doing that! But sometimes I just need to have some alone time too!
an Introvert Infographic
Dear Future Daughter:
1) When you’re at some party, chain smoking on the roof with some strange girl with blue hair and exorbitant large dark eyes, ask her about her day. I promise you, you won’t regret it. Often times you’ll find the strangest of people have the most captivating of stories to tell.
2) Please, never mistake desire for love. Love will engulf your soul, whilst desire will emerge as acid, slowly making it’s way through your veins, gradually burning you from the inside out.
3) No one is going to fucking save you, anything you’ve read or heard otherwise is bullshit.
4) One day a boy is going to come along who’s touch feels like fire and who’s words taste like vanilla, when he leaves you, you will want to die. If you know anything at all, know that it is only temporary.
5) Your mental health comes before school baby, always. If its midnight, and you have an exam the next day but your hands have been shaking for the past hour and a half and you’re not so sure you want to be alive anymore, pull out that carton of Ben and Jerry’s and afterwards, go the fuck to bed. So what if you get a 68% on the exam the next day? You took care of yourself and at the end of the day that will always come before a high test score. To hell with anyone who tells you differently.” —Abbie Nielsen (via harrycmon)
Just printed this for my refrigerator. Thanks tumblr, once again you are AWESOME.
where has this been my whole life
am I sick from anxiety or am I actually physically ill? a memoir by me
am i lazy or horribly depressed: the sequel
does everyone hate me or am I just very insecure: the completion of the trilogy
From Nathan Winograd:PETA’s 2013 statistics from the State Veterinarian with the Virginia Department of Agriculture are now available. According to the records, PETA took in 894 dogs in 2013. They killed 629 of them, or seven out of 10. They also sent 227 to kill shelters, where they were either killed or potentially displaced other dogs who were killed. That’s a high-end 96% rate of killing associated with their intake of dogs. They rehomed only 35, a paltry 4%.
They also took in 1,281 cats and killed 1,164, nine out of 10 of them. They sent another 100 to kill shelters, where they were either killed or potentially displaced other cats who were killed. That’s a high-end 99% rate of killing associated with their intake of cats. They rehomed only 16 or 1%.
The records can be found here: http://bit.ly/1dL07Tu
In the past, PETA was defiant, claiming their job was to kill the young and old, the healthy and sick, even those they themselves described as “adoptable,” “adorable,” “healthy,” and “perfect.” They did so even after promising to find them homes, injecting them with a fatal dose of poison within minutes instead. Ingrid Newkirk has called the overdose of poison a “gift.” Since 1999, roughly 2,000 animals a year have been systematically slaughtered by PETA, well over 90% with only 1% being adopted (and then primarily to staff ). Over 30,000 animals have lost their lives at the hands of PETA and they do not deny it.
PETA still takes in and kills about 2,000 animals a year. That has not changed. Now under increasing scrutiny because of the wide ranging success of the No Kill movement and greater exposure of their killing, what has changed is the excuse. Their defiant view that killing even healthy animals is a “gift” has given way to apologia that all the animals they take in and kill are suffering, even while they refuse to provide individual veterinary records for all the animals, even as a newspaper quoted a senior PETA spokesperson as admitting that half the animals they took in last year were healthy, and even as they send animals to kill shelters for possible adoption, putting them either on death row or displacing others in those shelters to be killed.
PETA says they have over 3,000,000 supporters and they take in over 30,000,000 dollars a year. With that kind of outreach, surely they could have found those animals a home, with minimal effort. Why send them to shelters which already claim they have no choice but to kill because they get too many as it is? Why? Because killing is what they do and what they believe in.
This is the same organization that has called for every shelter to kill every pit bull, even friendly ones: http://bit.ly/XrvcKf
This is the same organization that tells shelters to kill animals, rather than work with rescuers and foster parents: http://bit.ly/ZAnrvQ
That claims that animals do NOT have a right to life: http://bit.ly/1lzfQMH
That lied to people and killed healthy animals they promised to find homes for within minutes in the back of a van: www.whypetaeuthanizes.org/death-squad/
That has a history of putting 90% of animals to death within 24 hours, including healthy and treatable ones, without making an effort to find them homes:http://bit.ly/1eHkWlD
That put to death puppies they described as healthy, adoptable, adorable and perfect: www.whypetaeuthanizes.org/photos/
That celebrates when shelters kill, even after four years of not doing so:http://vimeo.com/48651351
And that complains when over 10,000 animals are adopted in a single day, rather than killed: www.nathanwinograd.com/?p=13122
Don’t take my word for it. Look at the evidence for yourself:www.whypetaeuthanizes.org/documents/
Look at the photographs: www.whypetaeuthanizes.org/photos/
When you donate to PETA, you pay for the killing of animals.
Please note: As an ethical vegan and (now former) PETA volunteer who thought they shared my views about the rights of animals, I do not criticize PETA because they believe animals shouldn’t be exploited or killed, but because they do not. I do. Animals should have a right to life.
I love how the whole “babies from bone marrow” thing is making people go “this makes men unnecessary” and men are getting so upset
it’s really fucking annoying to be deemed unnecessary and reduced to something like whether or not you can procreate